2014 was a pretty big year for me, looking back at it. Here's what I did (I barely remember what happened last week, so I used devART's journal entries from the last year to help me remember lol)
In January I finished rewatching Gundam SEED (Remaster version), rediscovering that it's still my favourite series, and that I still have a crush on Mwu
; it lead to me checking out Gundam Build Fighters, which also helped rekindle my desire to build more gunpla
In February I completed my Pokedex
for the first time; fangirled over Build Fighters; finally finished Perfect Grade Strike Freedom, and discovered the awesomeness of Real Grade gunpla; finished my Squid Girl costume and wore it first time to a con; also bought a new car.
In March I obsessed over Build Fighters and gunpla some more; finished playing the last Professor Layton game, and departed for vacation in Japan.
In April I was in Japan, went to Mt Fuji, Kyoto, Tokyo (Akihabara, Shinjuku, Ikebukuro, Odaiba (Gundam Front Tokyo!!
) etc) and bought too much stuff and spent too much money; went to China afterwards to visit family.
In May I rewatching Gundam 00 with my boyfriend (I think I fangirled over Setsuna more than Lockon this time around lol); went to Anime North and fought waaaaay too many Pokemon battles.
In June I got addicted to Tomodachi Life (aka the Sims but with Miis); MarioKart 8 came out; played through randomized Pokemon Black; turned 26 but I don't think I got any older mentally
; completed my Mwu/Murrue figure collection, yay.
In July I started watching Sailor Moon Crystal, which brought back all sorts of nostalgia and crossover fanart ideas; went to ConBravo and fought less Pokemon battles than Anime North; finished more gunpla; started making costumes
for my coworker's plush pig at work; really got into origami and modular origami.
In August I got obsessively addicted to Shin Gundam Musou (Gundam Reborn), like 150 hours addicted (which, compared to all the hours logged to Pokemon, is like nothing, but still), and it's only partly because Mwu is playable >_> ; at the end of the month I was finally able to play Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright (a game that I've waited for like 2 years).
In September I bought a house and learned how mortgages work; and continued to play Shin Gundam Musou while waiting for Smash for 3DS to come out.
In October I went to New York for a weekend for the Miku Expo and concert (and spent too much money on merchandise) ; played through Smash for 3DS; shopped for furniture; on the last day I moved into new house.
In November I unpacked and organized stuff at new house; went to a midnight release event to get Pokemon ORAS, Smash for Wii U, and all the available amiibos. I also got engaged
In December I finished all that I wanted to do (for now) in Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (which included doing all the contests and getting secret base to platinum), and played lots of Smash Wii U and Hyrule Warriors between working on the gunpla backlog.
Also pretty much throughout the year I've been watching several anime series per season as they air. For the past couple of years I sort of fell out of the habit of keeping up with current anime series, but I really got into it in 2014, mostly because of Crunchyroll and simulcast.
tl;dr my 2014 can be summarized by:
- I'm still a Gundam fangirl (who has an everlasting crush on Mwu...),
- I still have a big gunpla backlog because I keep buying more (
- I still haven't started on my Perfect Grade Strike which I said several times I would work on lol; I am amassing a Strike collection though, so I'll need to do that one for it
- I still haven't organized photos from Japan or wrote about my trip
- I spent a LOT of money over the past year... (car, trip, house, games, figures, gunpla, GS Remaster Blurays, more figures) but that's okay, I've been saving for the past couple of years
- While I did make some progress by fulfilling some art ideas (and thus crossing off the list) from long long ago, I slacked off on drawing, especially toward the end of the year.
- I wanted to learn to crochet but didn't
- I played too many games and watched too much anime
^ My gunpla/plamo backlogTook some photos of my collection
In 2015 I hope to:
- Spend less money on figures
- Get married (planning a wedding seems like a pain though....)
- Learn how to crochet
- Be less lazy